The Housing Assistance Common Fund (HACF) in collaboration with All Doors Lead Home and CDBG-CV Emergency Payments Program works with homeowners in Nebraska who have fallen behind with their mortgage and/or utilities payments due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- You, or an adult member of your household, has had a loss of income due to COVID-19
- Your income must be below 80% of Area Median Income
- Would you or your family be in this circumstance if COVID-19 had not occurred?
- You have an unpaid Nebraska mortgage balance that began on or after March 1, 2020
- You must NOT duplicate other federal, state, or local assistance
Please click this link to apply http://go.unl.edu/BOSHousingAssistance
The Housing Assistance / Prevention Assistance Common fund (PAC) team will review your application within two (2) weeks of receiving the application.
A Housing Assistance Specialist or PAC team member will reach out to you for additional information or clarification as required. Please respond to these inquiries as quickly as possible to expedite your assistance.
After you apply online, please begin to collect the following documents for submission. We cannot move forward with your application without all the required documents listed below:
- Identification for all household members 18 and over
- Household Income verification – one month pay stubs, Social Security award letters, TANF letters
- Most recent mortgage statement including past due amount
- Notice to vacate – if applicable
- One month of most recent bank statements
- Copy of utility bills (gas, water, electric, propane)
- Number of bedrooms in your home
- W-9 form is needed from your utility company ONLY IF you are applying for utility assistance with your mortgage assistance.
- If your house was built prior to 1978, a visual lead based paint inspection may be required
Once all eligibility criteria are met, and all documents have been submitted, you can expect your application to be processed within 21-28 days. Mortgage and utility payments will be made directly to your landlord and/or utility company. You will be notified when any payment has been issued.
For more information, contact:
Maria Everett (402-672-6090, email@example.com) or Elizabeth Weidner (402-578-7260, firstname.lastname@example.org) at Lutheran Family Services
This program is funded in part through a sub-award from the UNL-Center on Children, Families, and the Law with CDBG-CV funding.