Passion. That’s the common attribute of those that work for our organization.
We're Growing in Siouxland! Huge Need for Services in our area! Heartland Counseling Services, Inc. is Hiring 3 full time mental health/substance use therapists! Great benefits! Vacation, Sick, Personal, Mental Health Days, 3% Retirement Match, Flexible Schedule!
We are dedicated to helping the people who utilize our services. If you’re ready to make a difference, browse our openings or upload your resume and tell us your interests. We’ll consider you for future opportunities.
Here's your opportunity to work from home for an amazing company!!
MAIN FUNCTION: The Billing Clerk is responsible for managing the full scope of Medicaid, Medicare, Insurance, Sliding Scale and client billing, as well as all provider credentialing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Data entry of all client invoices
Creation of HCFA’s to obtain third party reimbursement
Assists Executive Director with reports
Answers client’s questions regarding billing statements
Responsible for accounts receivable (billing, write-offs, adjustments, etc.)
**Apply all EFT insurance payments where the remit goes directly into InSync for easy application of payment. This will also include probation voucher payments.
**Apply paper checks that come in the mail.
**Pay close attention to payment detail such as incorrect payment amounts and incorrect denials.
**Responsible for secondary insurance claim submission after primary insurance payment has been applied.
**Working insurance denials and recoups- research any recoups and incorrect denials.
Work Aging Report MONTHLY - Print Aging report for all insurance companies.
Create Log ins for all Insurance Websites to access reconsideration tools.
Maintain Grant Spreadsheets
Attend insurance company zoom meetings if applicable to role (Medicaid Town Halls, BCBS trainings on new tools on their portals, etc.)
Credentialing and re-credentialing all providers as needed by insurance companies
Conducting a yearly NPDB (National Practitioner Data Bank) check for each provider
Conducting a monthly OIG (Office of Inspector General) report for each provider
Ensure yearly Medicaid site visits are up to date per state regulations
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Good communication skills, both written and oral
Good social skills, personable
Maintain confidentiality of all client information
Ability to readily move from one task to another with an equal ability to stay at one task for long periods when necessary
Ability to follow directions, make decisions
Ability to build and maintain rapport with other staff
Ability to work independently
Knowledge or willingness to learn various software programs
Must comply with all Heartland Counseling Services, Inc. rules and regulations, policies and procedures, including those regarding conduct and confidentiality
Assists with other office duties as assigned
Attention to detail with regard to data entry
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE GUIDELINES:
Associates Degree in billing and coding.
Prior experience in credentialing and billing required. Medicaid credentialing a plus.
SALARY: $35,000-$40,000 DOE plus benefits
Send resume to HR Director: Shannon@heartlandcounselingservices.com
Spanish-Speaking Outpatient Therapist
TITLE: Spanish-Speaking Outpatient Therapist
The Spanish-Speaking Outpatient Therapist provides mental health and/or substance abuse services to clients of the mental health center, including emergency services. Also, this person provides consultation, education and prevention services to other agencies and individuals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provides individual, family and group counseling/therapy sessions.
Determines the family and community resources available for treatment and/or placement and makes appropriate arrangements
Provides crisis intervention and assessment/evaluation, including after hours and on weekends.
Provides case consultation as needed.
Provides community education and prevention services, i.e. parenting classes, substance abuse lectures, cultural issues, etc.
Provides public relations as necessary.
Completes all paperwork in accordance to Agency policies and procedures.
Attends weekly supervisory and clinical staff meetings.
Assists in quality assurance.
Adheres to all agency policy and procedures.
Adheres to Agency policy on confidentiality.
Provides after hour coverage as assigned.
Facilitate outpatient groups as assigned.
Other duties as assigned.
This position is supervised by the Mental Health Administrator and/or Substance Abuse Administrator
To maintain ethics as dictated by profession.
Knowledge of counseling theory and practice.
Ability to form therapeutic relationships with clients and cooperative, supportive
relationships with staff.
Ability to maintain flexibility and openness to new information.
Skill in oral and written communication.
Willing to be a team member with all staff.
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
Master’s degree in social work, psychology, or a related field. Must possess or be eligible to obtain a license as a PLMHP, LMHP, or LIMHP from the Nebraska Department of Health. Must speak fluent Spanish and have an understanding of the Spanish-speaking culture in Siouxland.
$47,000-62,000 DOE (optional relocation reimbursement up to $2,500)
Send resume to HR Director Shannon@heartlandcounselingservices.com
School Based Licensed Mental Health Practitioner
MAIN FUNCTION: The School Based/Outpatient Mental Health Practitioner provides mental health and/or substance abuse services, education, consultation, and prevention to clients/students at schools, including crisis intervention.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides direct mental health and/or substance abuse services that include, but not limited to, intake assessment, individual, family, group counseling, crisis intervention, and prevention
• Completes treatment plans, treatment plan updates, psychotherapy notes, and all other documentation as needed
• Attends regularly scheduled staff meetings, clinical meetings, IEP meetings, and other as needed
• Participates in collection of mental health/substance abuse information and student outcomes data to be used for monitoring the overall performance and effectiveness of services provided
• Determines the family and community resources available for treatment and/or placement and makes appropriate arrangements
• Provides crisis intervention and assessment/evaluation, including after hours and on weekends
• Provide follow up and implementation of re-integration plans for students who are returning to school from hospitalizations and or facility stays
• Be familiar with disciplinary guidelines and at-risk student characteristics/needs, collaborating agency referral guidelines, as well as be familiar with special education regulatory requirements and assistance with process as appropriate
• Foster effective communication with students, parents, and other staff members
• Provide home interventions/visits on a regular basis or as clinically necessary and solicits parents/guardian involvement in program planning and treatment services
• Assists family to locate and appropriately use community resources, agencies, organizations and team members to coordinate services and monitor progress toward treatment goals
• May be required to work an altered schedule and provide clinical services in evenings and weekends
• Other duties as assigned
PT Spanish Speaking Interpreter
Seeking Part-time Spanish Speaking Interpreter needed to assist during therapy sessions, case management, and evaluations. Previous experience a plus. Please send resume to our HR Director Shannon@heartlandcounselingservices.com