Passion. That’s the common attribute of those that work for our organization.
We are dedicated to helping the people who utilize our services. If you’re ready to make a difference, browse our openings or upload your resume and tell us your interests. We’ll consider you for future opportunities.
Part time Contract-Licensed Mental Health Practitioner
MAIN FUNCTION: The School Based/Outpatient Mental Health Practitioner provides mental health and/or substance abuse services, education, consultation, and prevention to clients/students at schools, including crisis intervention.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides direct mental health and/or substance abuse services that include, but not limited to, intake assessment, individual, family, group counseling, crisis intervention, and prevention
• Completes treatment plans, treatment plan updates, psychotherapy notes, and all other documentation as needed
• Attends regularly scheduled staff meetings, clinical meetings, IEP meetings, and other as needed
• Participates in collection of mental health/substance abuse information and student outcomes data to be used for monitoring the overall performance and effectiveness of services provided
• Determines the family and community resources available for treatment and/or placement and makes appropriate arrangements
• Provides crisis intervention and assessment/evaluation, including after hours and on weekends
• Provide follow up and implementation of re-integration plans for students who are returning to school from hospitalizations and or facility stays
• Be familiar with disciplinary guidelines and at-risk student characteristics/needs, collaborating agency referral guidelines, as well as be familiar with special education regulatory requirements and assistance with process as appropriate
• Foster effective communication with students, parents, and other staff members
• Provide home interventions/visits on a regular basis or as clinically necessary and solicits parents/guardian involvement in program planning and treatment services
• Assists family to locate and appropriately use community resources, agencies, organizations and team members to coordinate services and monitor progress toward treatment goals
• May be required to work an altered schedule and provide clinical services in evenings and weekends
• Other duties as assigned